Friday, March 25, 2011

Me ... From A to Z



As always, it has been awhile since my last post. I find myself reading blogs more than coming up with ideas for my own blogs. But, I stumbled across this cute survey that Sara from You, Me and Anthropologie posted and I had to steal it.

A. Age: Slowly creeping towards 27

B. Bed Size: Queen. I don't think I would want to upgrade to a king, but I wouldn't mind a new bed.

C. Chore you dislike: I really don't like vacuuming.

D. Dogs: Rocky, our little miniature dachsaund




This is the Rock, in his carseat





E. Essential start to your day: Shower. Make coffee to take to work. Check FB, blogs, The Nest and my emails. Change my outfit (or some piece of it) at least three times.

F. Favorite color: I tell my students that it's pink, but it's more my default answer. I tend to gravitate towards blues in my clothes and decorating choices.

G. Gold or silver: Platinum.

H. Height: 5'4" (technically "and a half" but I don't claim it)

I. Instruments you play(ed): I used to play the piano and I can still plunk out a few notes. I keep telling myself I will learn how to play the violin, but it has yet to happen.

J. Jelly bean flavor: Buttered popcorn

K. Kids: Eventually I want one, but for now, I am happy to be childless. At family parties, however, I can almost always be found hanging out with the kids - I love kids.

L. Lucky number: 16

M. Month: July. It's my birth month, plus I love the 4th of July.

N. Nicknames: Betha-nerd. Betha. Bunky. Bert. Bertly. Baif. Bethie.

O. Overnight hospital stays: Never

P. Pet peeves: Bad grammar - it's the teacher in me and I have an awful habit of correcting people

Q. Quote from a movie: I love the opening monologue from "Love Actually" - it was the reading we had at our wedding. I love the part where Hugh Grant says, "Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there."

In terms of things that I actually quote, I tend to quote How I Met Your Mother and Forgetting Sarah Marshall constantly.

R. Righty or lefty: Righty.

S. Siblings: I have two sisters, two half-brothers (whom I never see), one sister-in-law and I recently acquired 4 step-sisters. (I should probably also mention my psuedo-brother, in case he stumbles onto my blog.)



My sisters and I (and friend Anne, in blue) at my mom's wedding. Libby (on the far left) was adopted and Melanie is my full-biological sister.





T. Time you wake up: On work days, I am up by 6am. When I don't have to work, I will sleep in until 8 usually.

U. Underwear: Yes, please.

V. Vegetables you don't like: There are veggies that I have never tried - okra comes to mind - but I have never met a veggie I don't like. I don't like many fruits so I make up for it by liking most veggies.

W. What makes you run late: Technology. I waste way too much time online.

X. X-rays you've had: Just my teeth

Y. Yummy food you make: Recently, I made really delicious Irish soda bread, chocolate stout cupcakes and a taco macaroni and cheese. But, I don't have a signature dish … yet.

Z. Zoo animal favorites: I love hippos. I also really like giraffes - they look so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment