Saturday, March 6, 2010

What a Week ...

I am firmly entrenched in my full-time solo student teaching and first graders keep me laughing. I swear, I leave every day with a gigantic, exhausted smile on my face. I hope my students do the same. I am so happy to be going into a career that brings me so much joy.

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster - the first two days, I was so tired by the time I headed home that all I could do was fall onto the couch and veg. But, by Thursday, my energy levels were back up. And on Friday, I found myself laughing a lot at work. Kids are funny.

On Monday, I took one of my students Pokemon cards away (they are not supposed to have them at school). On Thursday, he told me that he would do anything if I would just give him back his card and, later, that he would not write about anything but Pokemon until I give him back his card (a 1st grade protester ... Gotta love it!). Yesterday, when I finally relented and told him that if he finished all of his work, he could have the card back, he proclaimed the day Pokemon Strikes Back! This whole ordeal was, by far, the highlight of my week.

Anyways, I only took pictures of two of my outfits. Here they are:




My best friend from middle school is getting married in August. So, on Thursday, we went bridesmaid dress shopping. I thought I would include a picture of the dress I chose. I love it! I have not been a huge fan of bubble hems but I really love this one.

The dresses will be in the pink color I am wearing.

Finally, I decided to do a Three Things About Me that Andi from Saltwater Dreams posted in the interest of procrastinating this job application I don't want to fill out.

Three names I go by:

1. Bethie
2. Betha
3. Bunky

Three jobs I have had:

1. Haunt Monster at Knott's Scary Farm
2. Special Education I.A.
3. Cashier at a bookstore

Three places I have lived:
1. Los Alamitos, California
2. Long Beach, California
3. Portland, Oregon

Three favorite drinks:
1. Water
2. Pinot Grigio
3. Cinnamon Dolce latte with soy milk from Starbucks

Three TV shows I watch:
1. Project Runway
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. The Office


Three places I have been:
1. Washington, D.C.
2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Three places I would like to visit:
1. Costa Rica
2. Rome, Italy
3. Sofia, Bulgaria (my little sister was adopted from there)

Three people who text me regularly:
1. my mom
2. my best friend
3. my little cousin

Three favorite old TV shows:
1. Boy Meets World
2. Full House
3. Saved By The Bell

Three favorite dishes: (I'm tweaking this to be my favorite foods)
1. Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
2. Crunchy Bean Curd from Chen's in Long Beach, California
3. Gorgonzola fries from Henry's in Portland, Oregon

Three makeup/beauty products I cannot live without:
1. Clinique Happy
2. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
3. Clinique High Impact mascera

Three things I'm looking forward too:
1. Graduation
2. Anne and Jerrod's wedding
3. (Fingers crossed) Getting a new job

No comments:

Post a Comment