Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Heart Was Beating As Fast As It Can Beat...

Today was a great day! I am so glad that I was with the 4th graders today. But it was also a day that made me very nervous.

You see, at the end of the day, I was reading to the students from the novel they are studying. Things were going smoothly when, suddenly, the principal walked in the room. She's a very nice lady - I feel very lucky to have her be my "principal" during my student teaching. But, the fact remains, I have never taught in front of her. We are supposed to invite our principals in a couple of times when we are full time teaching, but, for that, I can be prepared. This was unexpected. Even more unexpected was how nervous I got. My heart started beating really fast and I had trouble reading. I started asking the kids questions about their inferences in large part because I needed a moment to catch my breath. Ugh....

Apparently, though, she told my M.T. that I was doing a good job. Maybe it will be easier when I actually have to teach in front of the principal.

In other news, one of my 4th graders ended the day by saying, "Mrs. M., I really hope that you are a 5th grade teacher here next year." Melt my heart... I love kids!

Anyways, here's my outfit of the day. I have so much trouble styling this skirt. I need to take it to Anthro and try on every possibility there is. The real problem is in the winter, when I have to wear tights with it. Today, I wore my gray Herringbone tights, but I don't LOVE it. Any suggestions? (I included a close up of the pattern on the skirt and the tights and skirt together.)



Shirt: Target cheapie (I couldn't find it online in the navy blue I'm wearing but I love these shirts for basics)
Cardigan: Rubbish (I found this similar style online)
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment